The Lumberton Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. was chartered in August 24, 1984 as a result of the spearheading effort of Vernon E. McHam and William Young. The first members members of the chapter were Thomas Walker, Alexander Killens, William Clark, Clark Windley, Elliott Lemon, H. A. Pete Cunningham, Harris Thompson, Arthur Robinson, William Young, and Vernon McHam.
Neither by statue nor implication is anyone barred from membership into Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. by reason of race, religion, or national origin. This is consistent within all chapters of the organization.
Lumberton Alumni Chapter provides several services in the public interest including:
- Adopt a Highway Program
- Beautillion Militaire – program for college-bound African-American males in 12th grade
- Kappa League – program for males of high school age
- Adopt a Family (Thanksgiving & Christmas)
- Healthcare & Screening Promotion
- Charitable donations & Scholarships
Other Organizations We Support
- St. Judes Children’s Hospital
- Boys & Girls Club of America